On 9 August 2021, the government set the maximum margin for the development of wage costs at 0.4%. By a Royal Decree that entered into force on 1 August 2021, the government had already introduced the granting of a corona premium of up to EUR 500 net per employee for the year 2021 for companies that have achieved good results.
The maximum margin for the development of wage costs is 0.4% for the period 2021-2022. Automatic indexation and “baremic” increases are maintained.
The companies that achieved good results during the crisis are exceptionally given the opportunity in 2021 to award a one-off bonus on top of the maximum margin of 0.4%, the “corona premium” (granted by means of a voucher):
- the premium can be granted until 31 December 2021;
- the premium amounts to a maximum of EUR 500 net per employee for the year 2021;
- the premium can be spent in multiple stores and establishments;
- the vouchers (premium) are valid until 31 December 2022;
- an employer contribution of 16.5% is due on the premium; and
- the premium comes on top of the margin of the development of wage costs.
Keep in mind that the development of wage costs is limited. Some companies have the possibility to grant a corona premium.