Data Privacy Roadshow
- 30 Jun 2017
- 30 Jun 2017
EU Data Protection Regulation – implications for employers
The EU has finally approved a new regulation on data protection (the General Data Protection Regulation or GDPR). This regulation introduces a “one-stop shop” of rules which will apply in all EU member states.
Although the new law will not come into force until May 2018, all businesses will need to consider how it will affect them and make preparations.
Ius Laboris, the Global HR Lawyers, are organising a series of seminars for employers on the new rules and how they are likely to affect them. These seminars will take place in several places across Europe.
At each seminar there will be an explanation of the impact of GDPR with a particular focus on the position in the country hosting the event – followed by a round table discussion. Topics include:
- What’s the scope of the GDPR in an HR context?
- What duties do you have as an employer?
- What information do you need to give your employees?
- Do we need to appoint a data protection officer?
- What happens if we make a mistake – data breaches?
- Penalties – how bad can it get?
- How should we handle things in practice?
When & where?
Paris: 30 June 2016
83 Rue La Boétie,
Anne-Laure Peries, Capstan
Nathalie Moreno, LewisSilkin
Fabienne Rapseat, Claeys & Engels
Copenhagen: 20 September 2016
Brussels: 22 September 2016
Düsseldorf: 29 September, 6 October, 13 October 2016
Dublin: 6 November 2016