- 01 Sep 2013
Today, the new rules on temporary work enter into force. You can find attached our newsletter of 17 July on this topic.
The key elements of the changes made are:
- a new justification for using temporary workers is now introduced and regulated: "inflow" of new employees;
- the use of daily contracts is regulated;
- rules on information on and control of temporary work have been modified;
- the '48-hour rule' with respect to the signing of employment contracts for temporary work is being phased out.
> Action points
- From now on, you can engage temporary employees supplied by a third party for "inflow" of new employees. Do however respect the limits: maximum three temporary employees supplied by a third party per vacancy, with an employment contract of minimum one week to maximum six months, with a maximum of nine months per vacancy. Moreover, you will need to first inform and consult the trade union delegation.
- To make use of successive daily contracts, you should henceforth be able to demonstrate the need for flexibility.
- Do not forget that you have extensive information obligations with respect to the trade unions in case you use temporary employees supplied by a third party!